What is the dental installation?
It is the installation of artificial teeth that we perform to replace those that have been lost to the patient,or the broken teeth are restored and their roots are treated.
For example, fixed dentures are used if the number of extracted teeth is small (one or two), but if the number of dentures is large (3 or more), or the molars are removed to the end of the jaw, movable dentures are used.
Types of dentures
There are two types of dental combinations that you should know about:
1. Fixed fixtures
They are the structures that are installed in the mouth and can only be removed with the help of a doctor, and they consist of several forms:
- Crown (Fez) (Crowns): It is a dressing or wrapping of the damaged tooth or molar in order to restore it and ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
- Fixed bridges: It is a compensation for the loss of one or more molars by attaching the bridge with special medical materials and fixing it in the jaw.
2. moving fixtures
These are the assemblies that the patient can remove from his mouth and move, and they consist of a metal base and artificial gums are placed on top of it, which are used to compensate for the deficiency in all or part of the teeth, and depend on their stability on their adhesion to the gums and need special attention, and among the most important types of movable artificial teeth are the following:
- Movable partial dentures: They are made of acryl, where the doctor makes a layout of the desired shape to deliver it to the laboratory in the sizes to be implemented in it, and it is used to compensate for the loss of some jaw teeth, and it is characterized by its ability to conduct heat and cold.
- Full movable dentures: The aim of their use is to protect the jawbones from dissolving with time, and they are used to replace a complete tooth jaw or both jaws together, as there is a complete set of the lower and upper jaws.
Benefits of dentures
1. Benefits of fixed fixtures
Here are the most important advantages of fixed installations:
- Improves smile and facial features .
- It helps the patient regain self-confidence and a sense of comfort and stability .
- Preserves the remaining natural teeth in the mouth by preventing them from negative movement .
- It improves the patient’s ability to chew food and chew food on both sides .
2. Benefits of moving fixtures
As for the advantages of installing mobile fixtures, they are as follows:
- An ideal solution to replace missing teeth for the elderly or those with weak gums or osteoporosis .
- It is resorted to when the teeth adjacent to the tooth to be replaced are completely worn out and unreliable .
- No need for anesthesia and is suitable in some pathological conditions that do not accept anesthesia .
- The passage of a long period of time in the place of extraction and the inability to implant the missing teeth .
Damage to the installation of artificial teeth
Despite the benefits of installing artificial teeth, there are some harms and side effects resulting from their use, which are as follows:
1. Damage to fixed fixtures
There are some temporary side effects associated with fixed implants that last for several days:
- Difficulty speaking and swallowing food.
- An increase in saliva secretion in the period following the installation of teeth.
- Increased sensitivity in fixed teeth, especially when consuming hot or cold drinks.
There are also some future complications of these fixed fixtures, which are as follows:
- Fixed teeth differ in appearance, color, and luster from real teeth, especially those covered with porcelain.
- Great need for care and attention by brushing teeth after every meal.
2. Damage to moving installations
Learn about the most important harms of this type of dentures:
- It negatively affects the psyche of patients, as it indicates advanced age.
- The difficulty of its users adapting to its presence in the mouth, as most patients complain of its heavyness and large size.
- Feeling embarrassed by others, as it can come out of the mouth and fall to the ground while talking or eating.
Tips for fixed installations applying the following steps:
- Tips for fixed installations
It is necessary to take care of fixed fixtures to keep them usable, by applying the following steps:
- Avoid chewing on hard foods, such as: ice cubes, pistachio shells and hazelnuts.
- not opening canned food; Because it may cause damage to the bridge or the teeth that are installed on the bridge.
- Maintaining its cleanliness by using a toothbrush and toothpaste at least twice a day, so that the teeth and gums that are installed on the bridge remain intact.
- The need to pay periodic visits to the dentist to help early detection of gingivitis or tooth decay, in addition to the need to see your dentist when you notice any pain or abnormality.
- Tips for moving installations
Here are the most important tips and instructions for caring for casts:
- Use a special brush and paste to clean the compositions, and every week the composition should be soaked for seven or eight hours in a medical solution.
- Clean the formula, taking care that it is on a sink full of water, so if it falls from your hand and falls into the water, do not break it.
- Put the dental formula in a glass of water to protect it from drying out, which can lead to infections, before going to sleep.
- Clean the gums and the roof of the mouth with a soft brush to improve blood circulation in the mouth.